Tasting-El Ganador

Name: El Ganador
Variety: Malbec
Region, Country: Mendoza, Argentina 
Year: 2015
Price: $7.95
Wine Review: Garnet color. Aromas of black cherry, plum jam, rich dark soil, and violet honey with a lightly tannic, lively, dry medium-to-full body and a tingling, complex, medium-long black cherry, rich garden soil, crushed plum, and cinnamon toast finish with medium tannins and moderate oak. Dense, dark and chewy with earthy complexity, balancing the luscious jammy fruit qualities of new world with earthy qualities of old world wines.
Personal Review: I absolutely hated this wine in comparison to the other wines that I tasted. There were hints of honey in this, but honestly the first thing that came to mind when I drank this was cardboard. There was a strong kick to this wine but not a strong aftertaste. I didn't drink this with food. I absolutely would not enjoy drinking this wine again especially if it would end up ruining the food I am eating. 

Comments

Popular Posts